School Improvement Plan
Gibson Ek High School
School Improvement Plan, 2022-23
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) ...
- Is developed according to the Washington Administrative Code 180-16-220
- Is annually approved by the school board
- Is a product of collective inquiry, led by the principal with school staff and in collaboration with district staff:
What does the data and our collective experience tell us about trends, issues and opportunities?
Product: Summary of a problem of practice
2 Goal Setting
What specifically would progress look like in terms of student outcomes and teacher actions?
Product: Goals, Theory of Action
What strategies might capitalize on the opportunity to impact the issues?
Product: Action Plan
What do I need in order to implement and assess the planned strategies?
What does the evidence tell us about our implementation and the efficacy of the selected strategies?
Adapted from DuFour & Eaker and Lipton & Wellman
- Recognizes the impact of non-academic factors on student learning and wellbeing
- Addresses disproportionality as identified in the Washington School Improvement Framework (WSIF)
- Has action plans that are based on best practice as identified by quality research
- Is a continuous process that requires ongoing monitoring and adjusting
- Addresses the use of technology to facilitate instruction
- Addresses parent, family and community involvement
- Integrates the OSPI-identified 9 characteristics of successful schools:
- clear and shared focus
- high standards and expectations for all students
- effective school leadership
- high levels of collaboration and communication
- curriculum, instruction, and assessments aligned with state standards
- frequent monitoring of learning and teaching
- focused professional development
- supportive learning environment
- high levels of family and community involvement
Staff certification and demographic information is available for each school at the OSPI School Report Card Home
Issaquah School District school improvement data dashboard for high schools.
SIP Team & Final Review
- Principal: Julia Bamba
- Site Council/PTSA Review Date: February 9, 2023
- Supervisor Review: Andrea Zier, February 3, 2023
- School Board Review Date: March 15, 2023
- Leadership Team:
- Tonja Reischl, Dean of Students
- Casey Henry, LTI Coordinator
- Shawn Mulanix, Counselor
- Ciara Sproule, IEP Advisor
- Colin McCormick, Advisor Lead
- Victoria Mott, Advisor Lead